Wednesday 14 August 2013

Shark fishing trip

I got out with John Brittain of Blue Water Charter Fishing http://seafishingireland.net/ last week on a Blue Shark fishing trip. I managed to last about 2 hours but after that I was completely out of action with seasickness and really couldn't care less what was flying around the boat!
I didn't see a huge amount up to that point anyway save for a few dozen Storm Petrels, a single Sooty Shearwater and 2 Great Skuas. The shark fishermen caught at least half a dozen Blue Sharks all of which were successfully released back.
Can't say I'll be in a hurry to head back out to drift up and down and side wards on a small boat any time soon..

Great Skua

Adult Kittiwake, moulting.

European Storm-Petrel

European Storm-Petrel

Juvenile Arctic Tern

Juvenile Arctic Tern

Manx Shearwater

Northern Gannet

No comments:

Post a Comment