Tuesday 21 February 2012

21st February 2012

Headed out to Rahasnae Turlough to have a nosey about for the American Wigeon. I don't think it's been really looked for since I last had it a fortnight back apart from Rich Bonser. The place was packed with duck and I spent the next two and half hours going through the throngs of birds. Best I could manage was an apparent male American x Eurasian Wigeon, a pair of Shelduck (site tick for me), a tight pack of 33 Little Egrets and a "unkindness" of five Ravens.

 Male American x Eurasian Wigeon, Rahasane Turlough.

  Male American x Eurasian Wigeon, Rahasane Turlough.

 A small part of the horde at Rahasane.

33 Little Egrets by my count.

Must have been a deep animal in the immediate vicintiy, note the full crop.

Had a look around Ahapouleen Turlough,Tawin Island, Kilcaimin and Ardfry. High tide was in so the numbers of birds were low enough.



2 comments:

  1. Congrtatulations on the new blog! Hope the new camera is working out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Peter, very happy with it. Just amazed at the image quality.

    ReplyDelete